Friday, July 8, 2011

Pusha T featuring Tyler the Creator "Trouble On My Mind"


“Trouble on My Mind” is the new track from Pusha T of the Clipse featuring Tyler The Creator of the Odd Future collective. Pusha T has recently signed with Mr. West’s Good Music imprint and Tyler is fresh off the hell raising “Goblin” album. Tyler has been simultaneously praised and criticized for his extremely disturbing lyrics that go beyond sadism. I find his brand of rapping and producing to be very brave and forward thinking, isn’t art sometimes meant to push buttons, break boundaries and make us a little uncomfortable. I certainly do not agree with almost anything that he says, I just appreciate how he delivers it to his audience. Tyler has not compromised despite the backlash and that earned him the respect of his peers, which brings us to this track.

“Trouble on My Mind” is a sinister little song that is slated to appear on Pusha T’s upcoming EP titled “Fear of God Part 2: Let us Pray”. The track is produced by the Neptunes and it is one of their better beats in a while, I still believe that they are one of the most talented producers out there. Anyway, the beat is stark and minimal, reminiscent of the cold atmosphere that made “Hell Hath No Fury” amazing.

The rhymes are also great; both emcees bring out the best of each other, Pusha T leads of dropping a string of awesome couplets and clever wordplay. Tyler the Creator comes in second and completely rips it, he has a hilarious line about Bristol Palin worth checking out. His second verse in the song uses the same line as his instant classic track “Yonkers”; this is definitely nit picking but I would have liked a different way to enter the song. A little more variety certainly can’t hurt. The song as a whole is awesome and it is one of the hardest hip hop songs out right now, I highly recommend it.

Song of The Day is “Trouble on My Mind”    
                                

No comments: